Sage Oak balances flexibility with accountability and high academic excellence for families seeking a non-traditional, personalized educational experience.
We are here to help! Enrollment documents may be submitted online, uploaded through RegOnline, mailed to the Redlands office, or brought into the Redlands office. If you experience any challenges completing the enrollment paperwork, please email our registrar at email@example.com or call us at (888) 435-4445.
In accordance with charter law, students may not be concurrently enrolled in this school and any other private or public school. It is not necessary to obtain an inter/intra-district transfer from your local school district to attend Sage Oak.
Before a student can be enrolled in Sage Oak, specific documentation needs to be signed at an enrollment meeting with your assigned teacher. These documents include the Master Agreement, the Acknowledgment of Responsibilities, and other school policy forms. These policies state that students must follow current adopted standards, participate in state and local assessments and be assigned and partner with a highly-qualified teacher. The teacher will fully explain the contents of the documents being signed. These policies and procedures are followed to ensure our compliance and therefore our sustainability.
Applications are considered complete when enrollees have submitted an application filled out in its entirety and that application is signed by the parent or guardian along with the following documents according to the student’s grade level.
All students must provide:
- A birth certificate, passport, or other evidence of birth date.
- Proof of Residency. An example of acceptable proof of residence would be a utility bill dated within 3 months.
- An immunization record OR Non-Immunization Confirmation form.
- If you wish to not submit immunization records, you must submit a Non-Immunization Confirmation form.
Students entering TK/Kindergarten, or if your student is entering a California public school for the first time, must provide:
Students entering 7th-12th grades must provide:
- Unofficial transcripts from each school attended showing all classes attended for 9-12th grades
- Proof of Tdap (whooping cough vaccination)
- Type 2 Diabetes Information Sheet
If you are enrolling a student and you are not their parent or legal guardian, you must provide the following:
- Caregiver Authorization Affidavit (PDF form) along with a form of identification.
Additional information that is requested but will not hinder enrollment:
- IEP – Students with a previous or current IEP
- 504 – Students with a previous or current 504
Student Age Requirements
In accordance with California State Law, a student’s grade level placement will be based on their date of birth. Students will be placed in the appropriate grade using this chart. A student will be eligible for kindergarten enrollment if their birth date is on or before September 1st of the school year they wish to apply.
Students entering TK/Kindergarten, please review the following information:
- TK is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program
- A child is eligible for TK if he or she turns five between September 2nd-December 2nd.
- Students who are age-eligible for Kindergarten are allowed to choose TK if their 5th birthday is between June 1 and September 1.
Children who are age-eligible to attend kindergarten, but choose to enroll in TK will be asked to review and sign the Kindergarten Continuance Form in the spring. This will verify that the parent/guardian agrees to have his/her child continue in kindergarten for one additional year.
Have you met the requirements for enrollment? Are you ready to begin the process?
Start the Application Process
Applications should be completed using a laptop or desktop computer. We do not recommend using a tablet, phone, or other smart devices to complete the online application.
Application for the counties of:
Application for the county of:
Application for the county of:
Enrollment Complaint Procedure:
Pursuant to Education Code (EC) Section 47605(d)(4), charter schools are not allowed to discourage a pupil from enrolling or seeking to enroll in a charter school because the pupil exhibits any characteristics such as students with disabilities, academically low-achieving, English learners, neglected or delinquent, homeless, socially economically disadvantaged, foster youth, or based on nationality, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.
Also pursuant to this new law, a parent, guardian, or student who is 18 years or older may file a Charter School Complaint Form to the Charter School's authorizing entity if they suspect the charter school is in violation of Education Code (EC) Section 47605(d)(4).
If you would like to file a complaint, please use the provided forms below. Reference your Master Agreement to confirm which district you are enrolled in:
- Community Collaborative Virtual School, Sage Oak Charter School - Helendale
- Sage Oak Charter School South - Warner Unified
- Sage Oak, A Program of Community Collaborative Virtual School - Keppel Partnership Academy
If you would prefer to receive the form via mail, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org and we will mail one to you.