Sage Oak balances flexibility with accountability and high academic excellence for families seeking a non-traditional, personalized educational experience.
We are here to help! Enrollment documents may be submitted online, uploaded through RegOnline, mailed to the Redlands office, or brought into the Redlands office. If you experience any challenges completing the enrollment paperwork, please email our registrar at firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (888) 435-4445.
PLEASE NOTE: Acceptance of a student’s enrollment application does not constitute enrollment with Sage Oak. Students are not considered enrolled until they have met with their TF and signed the Master Agreement.
To be considered for enrollment in Sage Oak, students must live in one of the following counties: Ventura, Kern, Los Angeles, San Bernardino, Orange, Riverside, San Diego and Imperial. In accordance with charter law, students may not be concurrently enrolled in this school and any other private or public school. It is not necessary to obtain an inter/intra-district transfer from your local school district to attend Sage Oak.
Before a student can be enrolled in Sage Oak, specific documentation needs to be signed at an enrollment meeting with your assigned Teacher Facilitator. These documents include the Master Agreement, the Acknowledgment of Responsibilities, and other school policy forms.
These policies state that students must follow current adopted standards, participate in state and local assessments and be assigned and partner with a highly-qualified teacher. The Teacher Facilitator will fully explain the contents of the documents being signed. These policies and procedures are followed to ensure our compliance and therefore our sustainability.
Only complete applications will be accepted. Applications are considered complete when the family who wishes to enroll has submitted an application filled out in its entirety and that application is signed by the parent or guardian along with the following documents according to the student’s grade level:
- Birth certificate, passport, or other evidence of birth date – All students
- Immunization record OR Non-Immunization Confirmation form – All students
*Any family who wishes not to submit immunization records, must submit a Non-Immunization Confirmation form
- Proof of Residency (examples of acceptable proof of residency include: utility bill, voter registration *this is not an all-inclusive list)
- Proof of Tdap (whooping cough vaccination) – Students entering 7th-12th grades
- Type 2 Diabetes Information Sheet - for all incoming 7th grade students
- Health Exam or Waiver of Health Exam - TK, Kindergarten, and any student entering a CA public school for the first time.
- Oral Health Exam – TK, Kindergarten, and any student entering a CA public school for the first time.
- Unofficial transcript from each school attended, which includes grades 9 through 12. Official transcripts will be requested upon enrollment - Students 9-12th grades
- Caregiver Authorization Affidavit - Only if person enrolling student is not the parent or legal guardian (We will need this in PDF form.)
Additional information that is requested but will not hinder enrollment ~
- IEP – Students with a previous or current IEP
Age Requirement Chart
In accordance with California State Law, a student’s grade level placement will be based on their date of birth. Students will be placed in the appropriate grade using this chart.
A student will be eligible for kindergarten enrollment if their birth date is on or before September 1st of the school year they wish to apply.
Transitional Kindergarten (TK)
- TK is the first year of a two-year kindergarten program
- A child is eligible for TK if he or she turns five between September 2nd-December 2nd.
- Students who are age-eligible for kindergarten are allowed to choose TK if their 5th birthday is between June 1 and September 1. Children who are age-eligible to attend kindergarten, but choose to enroll in TK will need a signed Kindergarten Continuance Form verifying that the parent/guardian agrees to have his/her child continue in kindergarten for one additional year.
- TK students are required to have a completed health exam and oral health exam (or waiver) for school entry.
Have you met the requirements for enrollment? Are you ready to begin the process?
Please Note: Acceptance of a student’s enrollment application does not constitute enrollment with Sage Oak. Students are not considered enrolled until they have met with their TF/EA and signed the Master Agreement.
Start the Application Process
Application for the counties of:
Application for the county of:
Application for the county of:
Enrollment Complaint Procedure:
Pursuant to Education Code (EC) Section 47605(d)(4), charter schools are not allowed to discourage a pupil from enrolling or seeking to enroll in a charter school because the pupil exhibits any characteristics such as students with disabilities, academically low-achieving, English learners, neglected or delinquent, homeless, socially economically disadvantaged, foster youth, or based on nationality, race, ethnicity, or sexual orientation.
Also pursuant to this new law, a parent, guardian, or student who is 18 years or older may file a Charter School Complaint Form to the Charter School's authorizing entity if they suspect the charter school is in violation of Education Code (EC) Section 47605(d)(4).
If you would like to file a complaint, please use the provided forms below. Reference your Master Agreement to confirm which district you are enrolled in:
- Community Collaborative Virtual School, Sage Oak Charter School - Helendale
- Sage Oak Charter School South - Warner Unified
- Sage Oak, A Program of Community Collaborative Virtual School - Keppel Partnership Academy
If you would prefer to receive the form via mail, please contact email@example.com and we will mail one to you.