National Student Council (NatStuCo)
Since 1931, the goal of the National Student Council (NatStuCo) has been to help all student councils become more effective organizations. NatStuCo represents middle level and high school councils nationwide. It seeks to provide a valuable leadership partnership between students and their school. It creates an opportunity for students to become effective leaders, thus encouraging and influencing a positive school climate. NatStuCo is a program of the National Association of Secondary School Principals (NASSP).
National Student Council is About:
- Leadership—Supporting the development of student and adviser leadership skills and knowledge
- Service—Helping build a climate of caring and tolerance through volunteerism and service to others
- Student Voice—Promoting student council as the voice of the student body and giving every student an opportunity to be heard
- Engagement—Encouraging students to become involved in school and community leadership and decision making
Student Council promotes and provides leadership development opportunities to prepare and empower student leaders to serve their schools and communities. We believe…
- Empowered students are vehicles for positive change in their school and community.
- Student leaders have the responsibility to be positive role models.
- Student councils play a vital role in preserving the knowledge of and practice in the democratic process.
- Leadership training programs are essential to allow developing leaders to achieve their full potential.
- Involvement in state and national programs enhances the local school’s leadership development program.
- Student council programs are stronger when all students are encouraged to participate.
Empowered and Involved!
Student Council applications are now available! Get involved with leadership, service, and outings; bringing our high school community together! Please fill out this application for the year 2021-22.