At Sage Oak, we strive to:
- set your child on a path that fosters a love of learning
- provide an educational experience tailored to their needs and interests
- offer many curriculum options
- provide the flexibility to choose your educational philosophy
- provide an expansive list of community vendors, as well as instructional funds. These funds are able to be used for: tutoring, vendor learning center classes, art classes, music, dance, gymnastics, martial arts, horseback riding, etc.
- generous instructional funds and expert teacher guidance that offers you the opportunity to shape the direction of your child’s education
Sage Oak, in collaboration with parents, teachers, students, and the school’s leadership team, cultivates life long learners by recognizing students’ and parents’ needs for educational options. Sage Oak balances flexibility with accountability and high academic excellence for families seeking a non-traditional, personalized educational experience. Sage Oak understands the need for partnership in order for students to attain their personal academic goals.
Vision Statement for Our Students
Sage Oak students are intrinsically motivated learners who are well equipped for life’s challenges and serve their communities, while successfully pursuing their interests with integrity.
Areas of Vision
- PERSONALIZATION: We will provide an educational experience of personalized learning and academic choice, within the state guidelines. Our learning model will afford families the peace of mind that they are participating in a program that will keep their students on track for learning, regardless of the school they attend.
- SUPPORT: Our priority is to support individualized student learning by collaborating with the parent educator and the student. We will utilize staff strengths, professional development opportunities, and community resources to support our students in their journey to become lifelong learners and reach academic excellence.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We are committed to maintain sustainability through academic, fiscal, and legal accountability. We will meet criteria necessary to achieve renewal, ensure audit compliance annually, and continue compliance with legal regulations governing our school.
- GROWTH: We are strongly committed to serving our community which will establish us as a leader in the independent study model. We will set ourselves apart through expertise, parent support and high academic achievement which will benefit our stakeholders.
Sage Oak's Core Values
Student-Centered- Our fundamental value is to provide a student-centered academic program. We ensure our parents and students are supported so that they are able to meet their educational goals.
Accountability - We build trust with stakeholders by staying compliant with state and federal regulations and operating with integrity and transparency.
Service - We value relationships and understand that we are here to provide a high level of service to our community, students, parents, and one another.
Growth Mindset - We focus on working hard, learning continuously, and pushing ourselves to reach new heights. We stay current on best practices, educational trends and strive to offer innovative and engaging opportunities for our students.
Standard of Excellence - We strive for a standard of excellence in all that we do. We equip students and staff with the necessary tools, resources, and support to help them achieve their full potential.
Personalization - We personalize each student’s educational plan and experience by tailoring curriculum and instructional strategies to maximize academic growth.
Student Learning Outcomes
To meet the demands of the 21st century, Community Collaborative Virtual School-Sage Oak Charter School graduates will be:
Creative and Complex Thinkers
Students will propose, evaluate, and use a variety of strategies, tools, and skills to produce solutions.
Students demonstrate the ability to recognize and analyze problems from multiple perspectives including real-world situations.
Students exhibit intellectual courage by advocating for their own learning, seeking help when needed, and persevering when challenged.
Students are able to actively engage in a variety of topics through polite and respectful conversation.
Students exhibit articulate, effective, and persuasive communication orally, visually, and in writing to a diverse range of audiences using a variety of methods.
Students will engage in cooperative relationships with teachers and peers.
Students use technology in various forms to effectively communicate and demonstrate knowledge.
Students are prepared to meet the demands of college or career; demonstrating various skills in seeking employment and/or college admission.
Students show respect for self and others and celebrate cultural diversity.
Students will make positive contributions to their community (e.g. register to vote, care for the environment, volunteer).
Empowered and Independent Learners
Students are self-directed, self-disciplined, self-monitored, and demonstrate self-corrective thinking.
Students are curious, inquisitive thinkers, dedicated to lifelong learning.
Students plan and study effectively and efficiently using time management skills.
Students actively participate in the creation and pursuit of personal, academic, and professional goals.
Areas of Service
Sage Oak provides service to families in the following counties:
- San Bernardino
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Sage Oak welcomes parent involvement and seeks the advisement of our parents through the PAC . The PAC meets regularly and functions to address and make recommendations regarding specific areas of school operations. Those areas may include:
- Program Development
- Fundraising and Grants
- Budget, including the LCAP
We believe in providing personalized learning options to our students so they will become lifelong learners and contributing members of society.