At Sage Oak, we strive to:
- set your child on a path that fosters a love of learning
- provide an educational experience tailored to their needs and interests
- offer many curriculum options
- provide the flexibility to choose your educational philosophy
- provide an expansive list of community vendors, as well as instructional funds. These funds are able to be used for: tutoring, vendor learning center classes, art classes, music, dance, gymnastics, martial arts, horseback riding, etc.
- generous instructional funds and expert teacher guidance that offers you the opportunity to shape the direction of your child’s education
Sage Oak, in collaboration with parents, teachers, students, and the school’s leadership team, cultivates life long learners by recognizing students’ and parents’ needs for educational options. Sage Oak balances flexibility with accountability and high academic excellence for families seeking a non-traditional, personalized educational experience. Sage Oak understands the need for partnership in order for students to attain their personal academic goals.
Vision Statement for Our Students
Sage Oak students are intrinsically motivated learners who are well equipped for life’s challenges and serve their communities, while successfully pursuing their interests with integrity.
Areas of Vision
- PERSONALIZATION: We will provide an educational experience of personalized learning and academic choice, within the state guidelines. Our learning model will afford families the peace of mind that they are participating in a program that will keep their students on track for learning, regardless of the school they attend.
- SUPPORT: Our priority is to support individualized student learning by collaborating with the parent educator and the student. We will utilize staff strengths, professional development opportunities, and community resources to support our students in their journey to become lifelong learners and reach academic excellence.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We are committed to maintain sustainability through academic, fiscal, and legal accountability. We will meet criteria necessary to achieve renewal, ensure audit compliance annually, and continue compliance with legal regulations governing our school.
- GROWTH: We are strongly committed to serving our community which will establish us as a leader in the independent study model. We will set ourselves apart through expertise, parent support and high academic achievement which will benefit our stakeholders.
Sage Oak's Core Values
- Student Centered: We strive to support students in becoming lifelong learners by offering their parents tools to educate them according to their unique needs.
- Support: Our goal is to hire and train top quality teachers who will provide the highest level of service and support to our families.
- Integrity and Compliance: We strive to remain compliant with the law in order to keep the school sustainable.
- Positive School Culture: We strive to maintain a positive school culture where every student, parent and teacher is a valued member of the team. Parents on our Parent Advisory Council will play an active role and feedback will be welcomed and appreciated.
- Streamlined: We strive to keep paperwork and documentation requirements streamlined and minimized so the parent and student can focus on learning. We will minimize mid-year program changes and requirements to the best of our ability.
- Standard of Excellence. We will promote the highest standard of excellence in all we do as it is our goal to provide the most exceptional personalized learning program.
Student Learning Outcomes
To meet the demands of the 21st century, Community Collaborative Virtual School-Sage Oak Charter School graduates will be:
Creative and Complex Thinkers
Students will propose, evaluate, and use a variety of strategies, tools, and skills to produce solutions.
Students demonstrate the ability to recognize and analyze problems from multiple perspectives including real-world situations.
Students exhibit intellectual courage by advocating for their own learning, seeking help when needed, and persevering when challenged.
Students are able to actively engage in a variety of topics through polite and respectful conversation.
Students exhibit articulate, effective, and persuasive communication orally, visually, and in writing to a diverse range of audiences using a variety of methods.
Students will engage in cooperative relationships with teachers and peers.
Students use technology in various forms to effectively communicate and demonstrate knowledge.
Students are prepared to meet the demands of college or career; demonstrating various skills in seeking employment and/or college admission.
Students show respect for self and others and celebrate cultural diversity.
Students will make positive contributions to their community (e.g. register to vote, care for the environment, volunteer).
Empowered and Independent Learners
Students are self-directed, self-disciplined, self-monitored, and demonstrate self-corrective thinking.
Students are curious, inquisitive thinkers, dedicated to lifelong learning.
Students plan and study effectively and efficiently using time management skills.
Students actively participate in the creation and pursuit of personal, academic, and professional goals.
Areas of Service
Sage Oak provides service to families in:
- San Bernardino
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- Kern counties
Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Sage Oak welcomes parent involvement and seeks the advisement of our parents through the PAC . The PAC meets regularly and functions to address and make recommendations regarding specific areas of school operations. Those areas may include:
- Program Development
- Fundraising and Grants
- Budget, including the LCAP
We believe in providing personalized learning options to our students so they will become lifelong learners and contributing members of society.