Sage Oak, in collaboration with parents, teachers, students, and the school’s leadership team, cultivates lifelong learners by recognizing students’ and parents’ needs for educational options. Sage Oak balances flexibility with accountability and high academic excellence for families seeking a personalized educational experience.
Vision Statement for Our Students
Sage Oak students are intrinsically motivated learners who are well equipped for life’s challenges and serve their communities, while successfully pursuing their interests with integrity.
Sage Oak's Core Values
Student-Centered - Our fundamental value is to provide a student-centered academic program. We ensure our parents and students are supported so that they are able to meet their educational goals.
Accountability - We build trust with stakeholders by staying compliant with state and federal regulations and operating with integrity and transparency.
Service - We value relationships and understand that we are here to provide a high level of service to our community, students, parents, and one another.
Growth Mindset - We focus on working hard, learning continuously, and pushing ourselves to reach new heights. We stay current on best practices, educational trends and strive to offer innovative and engaging opportunities for our students.
Standard of Excellence - We strive for a standard of excellence in all that we do. We equip students and staff with the necessary tools, resources, and support to help them achieve their full potential.
Personalization - We personalize each student’s educational plan and experience by tailoring curriculum and instructional strategies to maximize academic growth.
Student Learning Outcomes
- Students are self-directed in their planning and studying by effectively using time management skills
- Students demonstrate sufficient learning through work samples, learning activities, and conversation.
- Students make positive contributions to their local and/or global communities through their actions that demonstrate service mentality.
- Students exhibit a growth mindset by seeking help when needed and persevering when challenged by advocating for their own learning.
- Students are inquisitive thinkers and seek knowledge for continual learning.
Standard of Excellence
- Students demonstrate higher-order thinking skills in their learning that are appropriate for their developmental level.
- Students demonstrate the ability to produce solutions in academic and real-world situations through a variety of methods.
- Students are on track to be college and career ready upon high school graduation.
- Students effectively communicate and demonstrate knowledge that aligns with their learning style.
- Students show respect and understanding for the diversity of others.
- Students create and pursue personal and academic goals.
Areas of Service
Sage Oak provides service to families in the following counties:
- San Bernardino
- Los Angeles
- San Diego