At Sage Oak Charter School, we strive to:
- set your child on a path that fosters a love of learning
- provide an educational experience tailored to their needs and interests
- offer many curriculum options
- provide the flexibility to choose your educational philosophy
- provide an expansive list of community vendors, as well as instructional funds. These funds are able to be used for: tutoring, vendor learning center classes, art classes, music, dance, gymnastics, martial arts, horseback riding, etc.
- generous instructional funds and expert teacher guidance that offers you the opportunity to shape the direction of your child’s education
Sage Oak Charter School, in collaboration with parents, teachers, students, and the school’s leadership team, cultivates life long learners by recognizing students’ and parents’ needs for educational options. Sage Oak Charter School balances flexibility with accountability and high academic excellence for families seeking a non-traditional, personalized educational experience. Sage Oak Charter School understands the need for partnership in order for students to attain their personal academic goals.
Vision Statement for Our Students
Sage Oak Charter School students are well-equipped intrinsically motivated learners who are well equipped for life’s challenges and serve their communities and, while successfully pursuing their interests with integrity.
Areas of Vision
- PERSONALIZATION: We will provide an educational experience of personalized learning and academic choice, within the state guidelines. Our learning model will afford families the peace of mind that they are participating in a program that will keep their students on track for learning, regardless of the school they attend.
- SUPPORT: Our priority is to support individualized student learning by collaborating with the parent educator and the student. We will utilize staff strengths, professional development opportunities, and community resources to support our students in their journey to become lifelong learners and reach academic excellence.
- ACCOUNTABILITY: We are committed to maintain sustainability through academic, fiscal, and legal accountability. We will meet criteria necessary to achieve renewal, ensure audit compliance annually, and continue compliance with legal regulations governing our school.
- GROWTH: We are strongly committed to serving our community which will establish us as a leader in the independent study model. We will set ourselves apart through expertise, parent support and high academic achievement which will benefit our stakeholders.
Sage Oak Charter School's Core Values
- Student Centered: We strive to support students in becoming lifelong learners by offering their parents tools to educate them according to their unique needs.
- Support: Our goal is to hire and train top quality teachers who will provide the highest level of service and support to our families.
- Integrity and Compliance: We strive to remain compliant with the law in order to keep the school sustainable.
- Positive School Culture: We strive to maintain a positive school culture where every student, parent and teacher is a valued member of the team. Parents on our Parent Advisory Council will play an active role and feedback will be welcomed and appreciated.
- Streamlined: We strive to keep paperwork and documentation requirements streamlined and minimized so the parent and student can focus on learning. We will minimize mid-year program changes and requirements to the best of our ability.
- Standard of Excellence. We will promote the highest standard of excellence in all we do as it is our goal to provide the most exceptional personalized learning program.
Areas of Service
Sage Oak Charter School provides service to families in:
- San Bernardino
- Los Angeles
- San Diego
- Kern counties
Parent Advisory Council (PAC)
Sage Oak Charter School welcomes parent involvement and seeks the advisement of our parents through the PAC . The PAC meets regularly and functions to address and make recommendations regarding specific areas of school operations. Those areas may include:
- Program Development
- Fundraising and Grants
- Budget, including the LCAP
We believe in providing personalized learning options to our students so they will become lifelong learners and contributing members of society.